Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Is it a good thing....?

Some of you may know that I am having a nightmare of a time with my wireless network at home. There is some kind of incompatibility issue between the ADSL router and my desktop PC, and possibly with my son’s PC as well, and the internet connection keeps dropping. When I just use the slaptop, it seems to work OK. When my PC is taken out of the loop, the connection is pretty stable, although the router needs to be reset maybe once a day. This is, of course, better than every ten or fifteen mongoosing minutes.

Anyway, the thing that I’m not sure is good (thus giving rise to the title of this blog) is the promise made to me by e-mail today by those nice people at Tiscali to upgrade my broadband to 1Mb – free!!!! Hurrah! Now my internet connection will be able to drop even faster. Anyway, it’s the thought that counts.

1 comment:

NigelH said...

It's not fair, Andy!
Nigel