Friday, February 16, 2007

About time, too

Bless me, for I have sinned. It has been almost a year since my last geocaching expedition but …BUT, on Wednesday, I headed for the forest complete with wife and dog and found my twentieth! How great is that? I’ve only been caching since the middle of 2003. I’ll soon catch that Gottle chap up. Anyway, Sophie’s Secret was the one. It involved a fair amount of yomping across a thoroughly soggy landscape but it was no match for my super‑duper waterproof walking boots. At one point, we reached a wide, quite deep and fast-moving stream and the track was blocked with cones and red plastic safety netting where the bridge was being repaired. A large sign said: “If you squeeze past the netting, you could probably walk gingerly across the half-dozen or so pieces of 8x6, although if you have a stupid dog who refuses to put his foot on them you might have to carry him.” Ahem. Good job the Forestry Commission blokes had gone for a cuppa. Sadly, my GPS is ailing as, even though there was little or no tree cover for much of the way, the arrow was swinging around all over the place. I think I need a new one; I must speak to those extraordinarily nice, handsome, lovely people at Garmin. *rehearses begging speech *

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Buy a Magellan.

;)

silver horde said...

I suggest a Garmin 60csx it's the bestest.
I'm 'watching' Sophie's Secret as it's one of the closest to where my uncle lives. Never have time to do it when we visit! Families huh!

Anonymous said...

At least a whippet isn't too heavy to carry

Anonymous said...

He'll be pleased with you for splashing his name on the intramaweb wrt his employer;-) Oops did I do it again?

NigelH said...

Omally: Shan't!
jane: I've been looking at the Garmin 60csx since you recommended it - it's luvverly!
ned: I didn't have to carry the stupid mutt!
Hutters: wrt?