Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Has Sprung








You'll all know that Stu had to stop running the Tuesday Challenge for work-related reasons. Well, Jonathan Gazeley, a regular contributor, kindly offered to step into the breech to host a new weekly challenge and jolly good it is, too! It's now up to #20, this week's subject being "Spring Has Sprung". So, armed with an idea (and a new digital SLR), I went out yesterday to search for Spring foals in the New Forest. I only saw one and it was lovely; however, there was nowhere to stop the car and, by the time there was room, it was too far away for my poor old leg to cope! Anyway, I took some more piccies and, after much umming and aahing, eventually narrowed it down to one from the three up there ^^. I chose the top one, hoping that lazing around in the late April sunshine was normal Spring behaviour for deer in the New Forest. Please tell me I was right!

3 comments:

Lord Hutton said...

You are right!

omally said...

Are the Deer to the right of the piccy... at it? That's Spring-like behaviour alright!

I do like the other two piccies though; a definite Ouroboros quality to the subject matter, which is exactly what Spring is all about. Nicely captured, sir!

Lord Hutton said...

Reminds me of Spike: Spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies is?