Friday, June 10, 2005

Irregular Blogging and Bank Holiday Bouncing

I have recently mentioned somewhere else about the infrequency of this blog’s updating, and its sporadic nature is a constant source of irritation to me. I would like to be able to make a daily entry but I seem to have been conditioned to expect myself to write several hundred words instead of just a few dozen. Other people manage nice little chunks on a regular basis and they still make them interesting and/or humorous. Anyway, that’s enough whingeing for one paragraph. But I promise to try and make more regular entries, whatever their length. I was in charge of the Bouncy Castle at the pub last Bank Holiday Monday and I was sitting in the warm sunshine all afternoon without a hat. By tea-time, all my extremities were a bit red and I must have massaged a good half bottle of After-Sun Cream into my noddle when I got home – it certainly stung for a bit if I touched it! Loretta came and visited me for a couple of hours during the afternoon and, about halfway through the proceedings, felt it incumbent upon her to advise me of the caution needed to be exercised in acceding to the numerous repeated requests from little girls to put their shoes back on after their allotted bouncing sessions. Well, they kept asking me, bless ‘em! They obviously love me! And what little girl worth her salt would ask anyone to put her shoes on other than a kindly old…*ahem* Young Man with brightly-coloured extremities?

1 comment:

Aviatrix said...

What cautions need to be exercised when putting shoes on recently bounced children?