Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Road works

Or to be more precise, information super-highway works; well, there must be something holding up access to almost every website I tried to look at last night. Annoyingly, I have been getting more and more frequent messages about Firefox not being able to find the server at [insert URL here]. Actually, it is a little unnerving, because it probably means that some piece of hardware or other on my network is going to explode soon ("Approaching Menace" by Neil Richardson plays in background). Y'know, I'm beginning to realise that one of the things I probably miss most from when I worked for a local authority is I.T. Support. If something goes wrong now, I have to sort it myself or I'm screwed! In other words, I'm screwed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Djoo know, your RSS feed is fuggered too? Kouros has the same problem: when I get the email from Maurice (SimonG's amazing performing imp) to say you've blogged, there's usally a nice linkypoos to click on. No such luck anymore, I have to browse for your blog.
Hmmm.

NigelH said...

Ooh! I wondered why that happened with Kouros's blog, but I didn't know the same thing was happening with mine. Now you're a compluter whiz, Mallers, can you tell me what I need to do?

Unknown said...

I'm pleased to say I have no ruddy idea, Lois. It all rounds a little disgusting to me anyway.

:p

Max said...

Is it because of this beta version of blogger/blogspot?

Or santas elves running amok?