Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Knock, knock...

So, after a pathetic absence of bloggage lasting some three and a half months, you may think I've got a bloody nerve, springing back on the scene without so much as a friendly warning to alleviate the shock. I still read all the blogs, leave the odd comment or two and add the occasional limerick line but I haven't been in the chat since before MMM went to live in Merkinland. I can't explain it but I almost experience a sense of discomfort sometimes when I hover over the Chat icon (I always check who's in when I peek at the Limerick Thingy) - oh, boy, do I hover - but, as you know, I rarely go in - something holds me back and it's as if I'm afraid I've got nothing interesting to say any more. I could use the excuse that I don't enjoy the amount of free time that I used to have because work is keeping me very busy and domestic life has taken a turn for the normal following the sale of the pub (spending a lot more time relaxing with family) and that I have become a terminal grump because of the continuing physical problems (not serious, but enough to cause frequent pain and constant irritation) but, well, that would just be, er, an excuse. Also, I haven't spoken to some people for ages who I used to phone occasionally - I can only ask that you accept my apologies. Did that sound trite? I didn't want it to. Would somebody please give me a friendly kick up the arse?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider your rump thoroughly thrashed!!
I'm sure you don't need a reason to pop into the chatroom. I hardly ever go in but, on the odd occasion, I do.
As for the blog, well even Simon hardly blogs these days.
Lovely to see you again. Don't leave it so long next time. x

Anonymous said...

Happy to be of service!

*kicks gently*

Blogging again is a good way to ease yourself gently back into the fray. Nice to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be friendly?
Good to see you again.

Lord Hutton said...

I was wondering where you were, only yesterday evening. Glad to see you back, you miserable sod. And I agree with the hovering and the doubt bit;-)

Peter said...

make the rump red!!

Anonymous said...

Lois, you ARE an arse. But you're no worse than me so get over yourself.

Will that do?

Love you loads, I would have called you if I'd known you were angst-ridden but, well, meh. And I know you know where I'm coming from.

Good to see you mate.

Mwah!

M

omally said...

Gratings, big cheese! Good to see you back :)

silver horde said...

As I'm a blogging slacker myself, I shall say nothing... except I do still go in the chat room and would love it if you'd pop in for a word or two.

Pookledo said...

Hello!

My lifes a bit more "normal" since becoming a wage slave. Feel frfee to op on by my blog and say hello.

I still read blogs so I'll try to keep up t date with yours!