Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Health scare

The other day, I went to our local medical centre for a retinal screening. As you will probably know, it's a common precaution to check for diabetic retinopathy and I have it done every year. The point of this account is not to mention the tiny white splurge near the centre of my left eye which the optometrist (I am making an assumption here – she might have been an ophthalmologist or just a retinal photographer) couldn't identify and said the image would be scrutinised and a report sent to me in due course (I wonder if I'll be able to read it). No, this is about something which began to worry me greatly as I sat musing amid the coughing, sniffing, wheezing, dozing, limping, overweight, twitching, wrinkled throng.

I fitted in.

(makes note to contact highway authority with a view to becoming a road hump)

4 comments:

Peter said...

There's too many road humps already Lois...

Keep Well

Lord Hutton said...

Poor old boy;-(
I go to meetings now, and most of the others there are girls and boys, far too young to know what they are talking about

Unknown said...

You're the perfect age to turn into a Saga lout.

Anonymous said...

...and I think you'd make a really good Saga Lout!! ;-)