Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Poppycock

When I was much younger, I remember hearing a Rugby Song (no doubt still aired in the bath – I wouldn’t know, I’ve never been in the bath with a rugby player) called “If I Was the Marrying Kind.” Sorry about yet another pome so soon after the last one, but it occurred to me when I was bleeding earlier. It is the time of year when such accidents are all too common, I’m afraid. Actually, the only similarity to the old song is the format of the first two lines, which popped into my head for some unknown reason.

If I was the inventing kind (Which, thank the Lord I’m not, sir!)
The kind of thing that I’d invent
Would be a Poppy Clothing Attacher – It would be a thing
to stop your fing-

-er being attached
to your shirt or scratched
and without a point
that impales your joint-
-ed digit to your nipple
Not designed to cripple

Or make you bleed
But what you need

To fix it safely in –
AND IT’S NOT A BLOODY PIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would make a million but have to donate it all to charity.
Every year I go through about 6 poppies by losing them/putting them through the washing machine/leaving them on the wrong jacket. This year I bought in bulk.

Max said...

The world needs more filthy rubgy songs.
(*Deep breath*)

"Aboard the good ship venus,
My gosh you should have seen us,
The figure head was very very nice
And all the crew were very nice too!"