Monday, January 26, 2009

Val-deri, val-dera, my knapsack on my back

Well, this is my last gasp entry to Stu's Tuesday Challenge #2 "Water". I had to deliver something somewhere so I thought I'd take my gert big heavy camera bag (that's the knapsack) with me and try and find some water, bearing in mind time was running out. So this is a view from a bridge on an old disused railway track (now called the Castleman Way) in Ringwood. Not being overly experienced in the photographery department, I had to tweak it by adjusting the levels and jiggered with the saturation a bit. I even used an ND8 filter so I could use a shutter speed of 3 seconds - I couldn't make it longer as that took me up to the maximum aperture of the lens - how about that?! It was possibly my first solo escapade since being challenged in the movement department - and I left my stick in the car! Mind you, it was only about 50 or 60 yards away from where I'd parked. Well, there it is; I wasn't actually singing 'The Happy Wanderer', though I felt like it.

3 comments:

omally said...

Good for you, matey! Out and About is excellent recuperation, and a nice piccy to boot!
Just hope your leg doesn't fall off again. :)

Lord Hutton said...

You'll swoon when you see the winning entry. *oh, is that too confident?

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Nice image Lois!