Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Oh, no, what now?

For no apparent reason, my back has given out again. Today (well, yesterday, actually) I have been walking around almost bent double.

Still, everything pales into insignificance after Friday's catastrophe. I have never been in a place with so many tears on that night. I didn't want to go back to the pub but I sent a message to Andrew to see if he was all right and he asked me to come - I'm glad he did. I felt as if we had all shared something special - ironic, given the tragic circumstances. Heather was there - Craig said she wanted to come to the pub, I guess she knew she would be among friends; I hope it helped her. I'd like to think it did - a little.

Why do we only seem to demonstrate our love for each other in extreme situations? We hugged and cried together without a care for who was watching.

Oh, thanks, don't mind if I do - just a small glass - oh and another couple of Ibruprofen for the back.

No comments: