Friday, December 10, 2004

RIP, Steve

Today, we lost Steve Good. He died on the road to Verwood this morning and everyone is totally devastated. He was a good friend to Andrew and was there for him during some difficult times. He was a loyal team-mate and friend to Matthew and to all the other members of London Tavern FC. I suppose we will get over his loss in time but, at the moment, I am finding that impossible to contemplate. I don't know how Becks and his family are going to manage but I hope they know that he leaves many friends who will do anything they can to help them get on with their lives without him. We will need some help, too; hopefully, we can help each other.

When I think of the trials and tribulations he had to suffer during the last year or so of his life and how it was a pleasure to see him starting to put all of it behind him and begin to get back on his feet again, it breaks me up. Good-bye, Gramps, at least you won't be the oldest player in Heaven's team! I'll miss you, mate.

No comments: