Monday, September 19, 2005

Leicesestershire and Alton Towers Revisited – Part I

Now, a few words by way of clarification on the title are needed here. The word ‘Revisited’ refers to Alton Towers, not Leicesestershire, because, as I mentioned to Simon on Saturday, when he wasn’t breaking kerbs with his car’s front tyre (more of which later), it was (as far as I am aware) my first visit to that lovely county. The word 'Leicesestershire' is simply intended to lead the reader to expect a descriptive narrative in which it figures prominently. The word ‘Revisited’ in the context of Alton Towers is also possibly somewhat misleading because I personally have never been there either. I simply intended it to mean that I am not the first person to blog about the recent visit. As you will know by now, Simon already has. The words “Part I” are intended to convey the impression that at least one further Part will ensue (I didn’t want one covering the weekend’s events to be too long). Right! That about covers it for the title. And now the blog is already looking about the right length. Hmmm, perhaps I should have called it “Leicesestershire and Alton Towers Revisited – Part I – The Title”. Oh, mongoose it! See Part II, it'll be along soon. (Which just goes to show that my earlier statement about there being at least one further blog in this series was uncannily accurate).

3 comments:

NigelH said...

Ooh! That's an idea!

Fluffy said...

How about making Part II a description of what went wrong with Part I?

NigelH said...

Did I say it was, Andy?