Thursday, September 29, 2005

Much More Elaborate, Purposeful And Fulfilling Number Plate Spotting Than That Other Not Clever Or Anything Rubbish Version

I believe I have come up with an idea which could revolutionise the in-car entertainment business. It beats the game of Spotting Car Number Plates By Starting At One Etc into a cocked hat. All you have to do is spot a registration and then think of another (extremely hilarious for some reason, and imaginary, although I accept you could hit on one that does exist by accident – I mean you would have chosen it by accident, not that it exists by accident, not that you’d know that, of course, anyway, if you’re still with me) registration that could satisfactorily either precede or follow the one you spot. Let me give you an example from actual play. On the way back home from Letchworth yesterday I saw a car with the registration 27 DEC. ‘Hmmm,’ I mused, ‘I’ve got an idea for a game’ (go back to read the above if necessary, in case you weren’t paying attention). ‘An extremely hilarious made-up registration which could satisfactorily precede that one would be 26 ANT.’ D’you see? Of course, you would have to have a rule which would forbid making up completely boring registrations, like 26 DEC or 28 DEC, for example, but with a bit of fine tuning, I bet this could rapidly become a nationwide craze, even perhaps an Olympic sport one day. I might write to the Minister of Games about it; does anyone know where he lives?

1 comment:

Jeangenie said...

You've run out of dried frog pills, haven't you?