Monday, September 19, 2005

Leicesestershire and Alton Towers Revisited – Part III

This part of the series (you might have missed Parts I and II as I’ve done them all quite close together) is the Alton Towers bit which, as you know, I am only revisiting by virtue of this. I would just like to say that it was great (and just a bit weird at the same time) to meet people who I only knew as names in blogs, and/or rubbish chatrooms (I imagine it was the same for them meeting me, although obviously nowhere near as great). And it was a shame I couldn’t have sat and had a chat and a cuppa with Mort’s Mom and Dad. I met them when they arrived, and that was it! Another time, hopefully! 

I, of course, went on all the rides except, possibly, most of them, but I did have a good excuse as I had to look after everyone else’s bags and loose belongings in case they fell out on the rides – the belongings, that is. In any case, I have a back problem which means I have to actually heed the dire warnings at the ride entrances. You know, the ones which say:- "Please Heed This Friendly Advice – Due to sudden gravity-defying changes of direction and the breakneck speed with which they are executed, normal able-bodied healthy people are only likely to have various internal organs irreversibly rearranged, whereas people like Lois may as well just look after the bags." 

Well, I went on the Flume with Nick the Greek, Sparkly and mcl and took Kouros’s advice about sitting at the back of the bathtub, cunningly concealing myself behind mcl’s *ahem* ample frame. Yes, of course I got completely soaked. I went on the Rapids thingy with Kouros, you know, the round boaty wotsit with a big rubber ring at the bottom. Oh yes, and we shot a few zombies on ‘Duel’. Although Kouros kicked everone’s ostrich the first time round, I kicked his on the third! And I never realised how much shooting zombies hurts your arm; next time you see one, just let it eat you, it's far less trouble. Great fun! 

Except for the 50 minutes it took to get out of Leicester’s gravitational pull – the road to the M1, which had hitherto been the raison d’être of all our route planning and actual movements, had been closed. We got there in the end, though! Here are some piccies from the weekend.

No comments: