Monday, January 24, 2005

My earliest experience with funny accidents

I’ll tell you a story before you all go Of an accident I thought was quite funny I had risen too early and felt rather low But it raised my demeanour to sunny. My ultimate aim in the kitcheny thing Was my blood pressure pills and some cereal, What actually happened would make minstrels sing And give poets much written material As I opened the cupboard, I omitted to see That the contents were protruding out So, of course, and before you could count one, two, three, They scattered themselves all about Well, that weren’t so bad except for the spoon That was lying ‘neath teetering rubble An empty tin can on one end which, quite soon, Would instigate much of the trouble. Well, the spoon was on top of a carrot, my friend, Giving rise to a see-saw effect And when a large biscuit tin dropped on one end, What did the can do? Correct! The baked bean container shot straight in the air And dropped down upon the cat’s head; I quickly removed all the sauce from his hair, Laughed a lot and then went back to bed. I felt like adding “boom, boom!” at the end of the last line, but I thought that would be crap.
This blog post fulfils the assignment My earliest experience with funny accidents at lazyblog.org. You can rate it here.

1 comment: