Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Louis Armstrong was right!

Yesterday, I had the signal honour of meeting Lord Hutton and the lovely Mel, who stopped off at the pub on their way back from Bucks to deepest Devon, which, as some of you may remember – and much to Hutters’ disgust – is miles from everywhere. We talked of lots of thisses and thats: thingy, blogging, our common involvement with local government and people all three of us knew because of it (some sad, some happy), not to mention Simon’s chatroom. Tchoh, I mentioned it! Oh! How we laughed and how *I* laughed when, in the chatroom last night, Hutters thanked me for my hospitality; little does he know, it cost him dearly! Hahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! *stops laughing as everyone in the bank is staring at me* It was indeed an extremely sepcial occasion and one which surely must be repeated soon. I would like to take him up on his kind offer to put me up if I’m down there in distant Devon, but I won’t say anything about that in case he reads this and moves house. What a wonderful world!

1 comment:

NigelH said...

We didn't slip anything into any of the 16 glasses of Chardonnay, either - amazing!